"SUSTAINABLE TOURISM - A TOOL FOR DEVELOPMENT"
The Black Hills State University and the South Dakota Department of Tourism invites you to participate in a contest/exhibition celebrating the diversity and importance of the tourism industry in South Dakota. All South Dakota students at universities, colleges and high schools are eligible to submit 工作 and there are no entry fees. We are seeking original photographs completed within the last two years that celebrate all that makes South Dakota a special place to live, 工作, 最重要的是, 参观. 除了, this year we have added the category, Sustainable Tourism – A Tool for Development. To be considered for this award photographs need to highlight the contribution of sustainable tourism in regional development.
Chad Coppess, senior photographer for the SD Department of Tourism, will be judging the contest. Chad Coppess has been the Senior Photographer for the South Dakota Department of Tourism since 1993. He travels the state making photographs of festivals, 历史遗迹, 风景, 野生动物, 吸引游客, 等. His photographs have appeared in many publications including National Geographic Traveler, books on the rock band KISS, exhibited at the National Museum of Wildlife Art, and across the worldwide web.
- Submissions can be made at the BHSU Call for Entries site at www.washingtonlandforsale.net/PhotoContest
- An artist may submit up to three (3) photographs
- Please submit high-resolution images of 工作s to be considered for exhibit. (High Resolution: 300 ppi .jpeg; maximum 2MB file size per image).
- Images should be named LastName_FirstName_Title (i.e. rawlings_jerry_SturgisRally).
- Please save in the correct horizontal or vertical orientation for viewing.
- Only submit images of actual 工作 to be considered for the exhibition.
- Please include for each entry: Title, Medium, Size, Year Created, and Educational Institution. – Also include current mailing address, 电子邮件 and phone number
- 除了, please include a short explanation as to why you feel that your photograph captures the theme of “Tourism For All – Promoting Universal Accessibility”
- This information can be included in the body of your 电子邮件.
奖 will be given for First, Second, Third, Promoting Universal Access, and Peoples Choice.
- 第一名: Full Scholarship to The Black Hills Photo Shootout ($500 value) and $350
- 第二名: $100.
- 第三名: $75.
- 人民的选择: $300. (Votes for this award must be submitted by 2017年9月26日)
- Special Category – Sustainable Tourism - A Tool for Development: $300
Accepted 工作s must be available from September 27 – 二零一七年十二月一日 and may not be removed before the end of the exhibit.
The application for entry presupposes the right for Black Hills State University and the SD Department of Tourism to photograph or use accepted 工作s for marketing and publicity purposes. Applicants are not guaranteed that accepted 工作s would be utilized.
- Artist is responsible for insuring and shipping or delivering 工作s to Black Hills State University. Artists should plan to pick up 工作s at the end of the exhibition or include a pre-paid, self-addressed mailing label.
- All photographs must be prepared for hanging with screw eyes or d-rings with wire attached.
- Saw tooth hangers, frameless clips, plastic frames and shrink-wrapping are not acceptable.
- 所有的工作 必须 把自己裹得严严实实. Black metal or black wood frames, and white or cream colored mats are required to ensure consistency of the exhibition.
- Accepted 工作 not accurately depicted by submitted images may be rejected.
- BHSU and the SD Department of Tourism assume no liability for any 工作 that may be damaged or stolen during the course of the exhibition.
- 提交截止日期: Friday, September 13, 2017.
- Artists will be notified via 电子邮件 on Tuesday, September 18.
- Accepted 工作s must be delivered to BHSU Photography Department from 2017年9月18日 to 2017年9月25日
Black Hills State University
Attn: 杰里 Rawlings
Spearfish SD 57799
- 投票给 Peoples Choice Award 结束 2017年9月26日，在午夜
- 展览开幕 Wednesday, September 27, 2017.
- 开放接待 Wednesday, September 27 | 5-7pm.
- 展览结束 二零一七年十二月一日
- Works will be available for pick up starting 2017年12月2日. Work must be picked up no later than 12月15日. If BHSU is shipping the 工作 you must include a pre-paid, self-addressed mailing label. Work not picked up will become the property of Black Hills State University.
For further information visit www.washingtonlandforsale.net/PhotoContest or contact 杰里 Rawlings at 杰里.Rawlings@washingtonlandforsale.net